The Manchester Airports Group also includes the commercial property company, Property, which has GBP571m property assets across the four airports and is leading the GBP800m major Enterprise Zone development, Airport City, at Manchester.
We also run thriving businesses in car parking, airport security, fire fighting, engineering, advertising and motor transport. We support the UK Government's commitment to the principles of sustainable development in the aviation industry, striking a balance between economic, social and environmental considerations.
We're more than just a regional success story. As the largest UK owned airport operator, the Group's four airports and property business already contribute GBP4 bn to the UK economy and support over 130,000 jobs.
M.A.G is privately managed on behalf of its shareholders:
- IFM Investors - 35.5%
- Manchester City Council - 35.5%
- The other 9 Greater Manchester Councils - 29%
- The Borough Council of Bolton
- The Borough Council of Bury
- The Oldham Borough Council
- The Rochdale Borough Council
- The Council of the City of Salford
- The Metropolitan Borough Council of Stockport
- The Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council
- The Trafford Borough Council
- The Wigan Borough Council