We have strived to make this website available to all regardless of individual disability/ability. However, if you do encounter difficulties or any barriers, please contact us and we will try to improve the website to reflect your needs.
Standards Compliance and Validation
* If, as a person with some disability, you find the site impossible to navigate/use please let us know and we will endeavour to put it right.
- All pages on this site use structured, semantic mark-up. For example, h1 and h2 tags are used to convey document format. H2 tags are used for main titles, h3 tags for subtitles etc.
- This site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS2) for presentation, validated using the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) validation service.
- All pages on this site are checked in accordance with Bobby, W3C and Section 508 guidelines and adhere/comply to these guidelines as much as possible.
Navigation, Navigational Aids & Access keys
- Primary site navigation (section links) is located (site-wide) at the top left and the footer (bottom) of the page.
- Secondary navigation elements are shown as drop down menus on each individual page - the number of links vary from section to section and some sections may not have any secondary links at all.
- A link to the home page is available on each page through the Main logo.
- Navigation menus are marked up as HTML lists and styled with CSS.
- Links are written, where possible, to make sense out of context.
- Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
- Most primary navigation links (sections) on this site use the following access keys:
- Access key 0 – Accessibility Statement
- Access key 1 – Home
- Access key 2 – About Clarion
- Access key 3 – What We Do
- Access key 4 – I Want To Attend
- Access key 5 – Our Markets
- Access key 6 – News
- Access key 7 – I Have An Idea
- Access key 8 – Sitemap
- Access key 9 – Contact Us
- Access key K – Careers
- Access key L – Our Partners
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes.
- Images of greater importance, where existing, will include LONG DESC attributes to describe the significance/content of each image.
- Purely decorative graphics (if any are present) will include a ‘null’ ALT attribute.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of each page is still readable but in a stylistically reduced capacity.
- This site uses relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers. You can resize the text using your browser.
- Foreground and background colours have been used that provide a good level of contrast and are therefore easy to read. Throughout the site, colour is never used as the only way to convey information.
- Forms have their labels explicitly associated with their controls, aiding users of certain screen readers and speech browsers.